Sunday, 24 March 2013

LIILY GOES UMBRELLA SURFING

The theme at the Take a Word challenge this week is "Umbrella" and
the theme at Art Journal Journey this month is "Special Moments".

If you followed me on flickr before I became a blogging person, you may remember seeing some of the Spiky family.

There's  Mr. Spiky  who always carries his umbrella (ignore the umbrella, that's not why he is here (even although the theme is "Umbrella")).





and there's Mrs. Spiky who loves having her friends round for coffee





and of course there's Jaggy the cat, a very important member of the Spiky family.





I was asked if there were younger members of the Spiky family and yes there are, including some baby Spikies, but they all insisted on waiting until there was a suitable theme for them to participate in (i.e. a theme that suited them).

So here is Liily, Liily with two i's, a Spiky teenager.  She actually has a Spiky name made up of sharp letters (like "Z" and "K") but that's all the information I'm allowed to give out, and she wants to be known as "Liily".


She is having a day at the beach and she is Umbrella surfing with her best friends.





Her hair is naturally like Mrs. Spiky's, straight out and quite sharp, but she works hard to make it soft and curly.  You might also notice the tattoos (not permanent, we think) on her hands, and she has rings on the spikes on her arm.  Anything to make her different.  Don't worry about her falling over, like all Spikies she has perfect balance on one leg.

I am very fond of Liily.

25 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love your sense of humor and whimsy! Liily is adorable and she looks so happy umbrella-surfing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sheila, you have outdone yourself here! Liily is just precious, tatoos and all. I love her curly hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we used to have a cat called Spike who just looked like that cat..fun family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Out of curiosity, what do you paint with (prior to any possible processing). This is an out-of-the-box creative result for the umbrella theme. You know I love that kind of thought process. This is really a wonderfully imaginative family you are working with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The raailings aare goorgeous for Liily, dancing in the wind. Colourful and cheerful. Next Spiky please! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this, Sheila! You are SO creative and talented, thanks for the great big smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sheila these are all so fantastic, full of such imagination! I love all of them, Liily looks so happy at the beach, so carefree, just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic art, Sheila, love your imagination and your use of bright cheerful colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wonder if Lily gives lessons. I wouldn't mind trying umbrella surfing. Very fun picture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful and fun art piece. Kudos!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i always love your drawings! so much fun in them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have such a brilliant imagination! Miss Lilly surfing is the best! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your doodly, colourful and very charming spiky folk.xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your story about the Spiky-family. Liily sounds very interesting and like a real teenager ... Love the rings on her spikes ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your happy pieces and the story is beautiful too..
    thank you for linking to
    ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Spikey family is so adorable and always make me smile - I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How creative you are! Love these funny, lovely folks:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. love your happy art :) The cat is my favorite! Conny over AJJ

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely page! Love this happy and wimsical style!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a happy and whimsical picture so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have an ability to show your exuberance through happy, colourful and lively pictures. Love the way you have captured movement and brought the characters to life.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sheila when I visit your blog it always make me smile, love your funny drawings and your stories.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your Spiky family pics! So full of energy and colour and fun. My favourite is Jaggy the cat:)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for visiting and I would be so pleased if you would leave a comment.