Wednesday, 27 March 2013

DRIVING FROM HOME TO FAR-AWAY - THE INCHIE MAP

I've got a stash of sketchbooks of all sizes from very small to large and sheets of cartridge paper, watercolour paper and other papers of all shapes and sizes.

And what do I do?

Cut a square inch of cartridge paper and draw on it.

Why?
Because of a challenge, of course, the Every Inchie Monday challenge, this week the theme
being "Inchie Map".


THE MAP OF HOME TO FAR-AWAY
When my husband reads a map showing the road from Home to Far-Away, the road looks like this.
When he goes out into Real World and drives to Far-Away, the road still looks like this.





When I look at the same map, it look like this.
When I go out into Real World and drive to Far-Away, it looks much, much worse.





It's quite amazing how much you can draw on a square inch.  Yes, these are exactly one inch square.  I used a 0.05 black pen to draw the lines, watercolour pens to do the colouring-in and metallic pens to draw the sea.

17 comments:

  1. Oh my!...that's a bit scary! I think I'll not let YOU drive! LOL I cannot put that much on an inchie without overlapping at least half of it! Do you draw these with magnifying glasses? Totally impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this so much detail in an inch great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great take on the subject, very different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inchies must be tough. Its amazing (!!) what you can do. Awesome !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i know exactly what you mean about maps looking different. I love your ones, such gorgeous colours and detail.

    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way your inchie maps capture the imagination. Again your use of colour and design is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your inchie map idea! I have never tried anything that small... maybe I will! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got a great blog and I like what you've done here. Thanks for popping into Sketchbook Friends.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. What amazing inchies. It makes me smile to read the description of the inchies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so sweet Sheila, simple and just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your inchies are adorable. Sorry you get lost. Glad hubby doesn't. :) I'm still chuckling at your following the taxi.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your inchies! Hope there are more!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what gorgeous inchies! WOW!

    do you also make
    MOO´s ?

    MOO-MANIA-CHALLENGE

    xxx Susi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohmygosh, these are wonderful, Sheila!! Thanks for pointing me in this direction-you don't have ANY issues with maps, in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for visiting and I would be so pleased if you would leave a comment.