Wednesday, 20 February 2013

EMBROIDERED PICTURES

Sometimes I like to work with colour in paint and sometimes I like to work with colour in fabric.
I use a combination of my own hand-dyed fabric and patterned fabric bought over many years.  Both of these below are embroidered by free-machine embroidery, using the machine needle and thread as a drawing tool.  The tartan on the right is a silk fabric.
The size is 6 x 8 inches.





The grey on the piece below is a silk Ikat fabric which I bought many years ago and the pale fabric on the right is also silk.
The size is 7 x 7 inches.





Both pieces are now ready for framing, the first with a mid grey mount and the second with a maroon mount.

14 comments:

  1. I know I said it already on Flickr, but these are both really lovely. Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These need to be seen close up! I jumped over to your flickr to see them larger. Quite beautiful. I can visualize some poetry written to go along with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colour combinations really stand out. Subtle and delicate images. Love them !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colour commbinations and the composition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really beautiful, you certainly know how to make use of a wide range of colour combinations. Do you ever sell your work or are you on Etsy, could not find you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful design and color combination, both are unique creations.
    Wish you a nice weekend
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love both of these. The colors are absolutely beautiful. The richness in the silk even comes through on the screen, so it must be amazing in real life. Do you use a stabilizer when you work with the silk?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh I'll look forward to seeing them framed. I keep saying I'm going to do that...and never do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your stitching and thanks for the lovely comments on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. both are divine! i hope everybody enlarges to see the details!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for visiting and I would be so pleased if you would leave a comment.