Thursday, 28 February 2013

A CARD FOR A MAN

After a few years on flickr, I've started blogging and now I've discovered there are hundreds of challenges out there.
The latest one I've found is Addicted to CAS and it's a card-making challenge site.  CAS stands for Clean and Simple.  I've copied out their card principles here.

The Meaning of CAS

It's all about the design
* not the technique
* not the tools
* not the embellishments

It's all about the design
* Uncluttered
* lots of white or open space
* one main focal point 


Well, I don't have any arguments with that design philosophy.

The current challenge is to design a card for a man and the challenge codeword is "Masculine".

So I looked through my photographs for colours or designs with man-appeal (whatever that is - maybe not fluffy pinks or sweet bunny rabbits?).

Chose this.




As far as I can remember it was the rather attractive glass door of a bookshop.

Played with it in photo-editor for a while, cropped, swirled, pasted, made some designs, discarded others.

Finally decided on this.





I haven't seen any photo-edited cards in the previous entries and whether this is the first or the last has yet to be discovered.  I'll let you know!

7 comments:

  1. Welllll....it's very cool and yes - masculine. I think it looks like something that you'd see in a factory or in the science field...or maybe weapons. So yep...definitely masculine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see masculine, I see design, I see lots of white space, so I think it should fit in pretty well. I like how it has some motion and depth. CAS looks like a good blog to go to for plenty of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever, very masculine in style and the use of colour again highlighting your versatile use of the palette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! Thank you for playing along with the ATCAS challenge this week.
    Regards Florence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is something totally different. i like those colors and all the lines!
    Thanks for joining us at ATCAS!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for visiting and I would be so pleased if you would leave a comment.